Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You wash, I'll dry.


 There is something really appealing about old things, things that your grandmother would've owned. The girls at Meggie San Francisco are always scouring antique shops and flea markets looking for that perfect item. I'm often collecting vintage dishes, jars, silverware, really anything container related. I can barely control myself when I see some bit of discarded antique milk glass, or a the last piece of lacy white china from a set of long broken dishware. However, this leaves me with a bit of a problem. I've got this ever-growing collection of odd jars and funny plates. Due to this I've come up with some clever ways of using them! So here is some inspiration for those odds and ends tucked away in your cabinets! 


How about just mounting them on the wall? They're not only totally cute, but they will make a great conversation piece.



Glueing old photos to the bottom of your set of mis matched plates and platters? Or inserting them into old jars? It's such a clever way of showing off the pieces and your photos. If you're worried about ruining old photos, just use copies of them! Also, antique stores often will have someone else's old black and whites that you can purchase inexpensively and create a bit of visual interest. 



One of my favorite ideas is to use your funky finds to display and organize jewelry!

Hopefully you'll never look at an old jar or a lonely serving plate the same way! Happy Antique Hunting!

Photos Via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment