Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Embroidery


I have always been a handmade card kinda girl. I love the creative freedom and personalization about it.  For my brother's birthday I thought I would change it up a bit and try sewing him a birthday card:



The making of my (very obviously) first embroidered card was tedious, taking much longer than I expected, and left me with several pricks on my fingers. But it was made with love!

 I was inspired to try embroidering because of these two talented artists:


Her works are beautiful combinations of two-dimensional drawings and three-dimensional textiles. A tactile approach to fashion illustration.





Jillian Tamaki branched out of her norm when she turned her hobby of embroidery into creating book sleeves for these classic novels.




Aren't they gorgeous??
Time to buy some embroidery thread!

No comments:

Post a Comment