Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sebastopol to San Francisco: 2 days, 1 outfit

By day, I am an employee of Meggie, our favorite little marina boutique :)
By night, I am an aspiring stand up comedian.

I started this comedy journey in San Francisco, dreaming of the day that people would want to fly me all over the world to hear me make fun of myself.

In that dream of mine, I was kind of skipping over the "rise to the top," where traveling to another city to perform in a comedy show might mean...a 6-hour round trip bus ride to Sebastopol. (I assure you, this is not as glamorous as it sounds).

Should you ever find yourself in a situation where you are stuck in Sebastopol for the night, and have to take a 3-hour bus ride straight to work the next morning, there are many ways you can change up your accessories to transform your Day 1 outfit into a Day 2 outfit, without getting the "Didn't you wear that yesterday?" look from people :)





For an extreme example of this "outfit recycling" idea, check out Sheena's story. She pledged to wear a little black dress everyday for 365 days, as an exercise in sustainable fashion, to raise money so that underprivileged children in India could go to school. 


For a complete look at Sheena's 365 outfits from one little black dress, watch 

No comments:

Post a Comment