Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DIY Lace Hemmed Shorts

The weather has been gorgeous and hopefully it stays that way! I think it's time to show off some bare legs!

A couple weeks ago I cut up some old jeans, sewed in some strips of lace, and voila! Instant cute everyday shorts!



This project is SUPER easy! All you need is:

- An old pair of jeans 
- Some pretty lace
- Scissors
- A needle and thread

FIRST. Cut off the legs of some jeans. I like to keep them long at first, then try them on again to see how much shorter I want to go. 
SECOND. Turn them inside-out and sew on a big strip of lace to the hem. Again, I like to have a lot to work with so I can shape it the way I want. 
THIRD. Try them on again to see where the lace hits you, and trim accordingly. Use a pair of scissors (I found a tiny pair) to cut about some of the shapes in the lace for a more organic look. 






That's it! Super easy! Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment